What’s the best way to put together an upper-level, undergraduate course on Shakespeare?
Here’s what I have linked so far for nine different plays:
- Virtual tour of The Globe (although the QuickTime plug-in doesn’t work with all browsers)
- Online texts from the Folger Shakespeare Library
- Audio recordings available for free download
- Illustrations for each play, many from Emory University’s lovely collection
- YouTube and video clips of different performances
- Literary criticism
- Reviews of performances
Discussions will emphasize synthesizing all of these different materials. We also would spend a week on several sonnets, with other poems introduced in tandem with plays (I like doing Sonnet 57 with Caliban in The Tempest, for example).
What am I missing?